Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mackenzie is here!

Mackenzie Elyse Burnett joined our family on 6/29/2010 at 5:00pm!!
She came 9 days before her due date! I started feeling contractions in the middle of the night at about 2 am that pretty much kept me awake until I got up at 6:30ish. I took a shower and washed my hair in anticipation that it might be the day. The contractions were very regular, coming at 7 minute intervals for most of the morning, then shifted to an irregular but more intense pattern. I called the doctor's office around noon and we went into the hospital about 1:30pm. I was 5cm dilated and the nurse started hustling around getting us into a room and settled. A few short hours of labor in the hospital and two pushes later, our beautiful baby girl arrived. She looks very similar to Jackson when he was born, but with a lot more hair. I'm not even sure how to describe her hair and every one of the nurses calls it a different color. She is a wonderful sleeper- too good even for when she needs to eat it takes about a half hour to wake her. We have some wonderful friends who came to our place yesterday when we called and they stayed with Jackson all afternoon and through the night. He was a champ, and was just a perfect little boy. This morning, Matt went home to get him and they came to the hospital to meet his baby sister. A few videos below capture those moments. He's going to be a great big brother.
sound asleep

7lbs, 7oz
checking on the iphone and mackenziekisses for his baby sister



No comments:

Post a Comment