Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fire Engines!

It was an exciting morning for our street. While I was feeding Mackenzie this morning I kept hearing sirens, people talking, and dogs barking outside. I nudged Matt and told him that I think there's something going on outside. He told me I was being paranoid... The noises kept up and he finally realized he needed to take out the trash. Then he came back inside and said the house next to us had smoke coming out of it. There were 4 fire engines and at least that many other fire emergency vehicles on our street with firemen all over the place.




Jackson was in his room making fire engine noises as he heard all the commotion and was happy to discover the fire trucks and firemen hustling around just outside his window. I took him outside to see if the neighbors needed anything and he got to talk to one of the firemen that we know and see it all up close. The neighbors had a dryer fire in their house and it was mainly just smoke damage. We were glad to know that everyone was all right and Jackson had an exciting morning. He's wearing a fire truck shirt today.






No comments:

Post a Comment